- Share This:
- Copy Link
The O*NET database includes information on skills, abilities, knowledges, work activities, and interests associated with occupations. This information can be used to facilitate career exploration, vocational counseling, and a variety of human resources functions, such as developing job orders and position descriptions and aligning training with current workplace needs. O*NET is a unique, powerful source for continually updated occupational information and labor market research. By using a contemporary, interactive skills-based database and a common language to describe worker skills and attributes, O*NET transforms mountains of data into precise, focused occupational intelligence that anyone can understand easily and efficiently.
Job seekers use O*NET to:
- Find out which jobs fit with their interests, skills, and experience.
- Explore growth career profiles using the latest available labor market data.
- Research what it takes to get their dream job.
- Maximize earning potential and job satisfaction.
- Know what it takes to be successful in their field and in related occupations.