Giving & Volunteerism
- Corporate Giving: Manage implementation of the company’s corporate giving guidelines, scorecard and processes to evaluate company charitable contributions and sponsorships. Prepare Corporate Giving Committee quarterly meeting materials. Partner with Finance to collect required documentation to report qualified contributions as a tax deduction. Develop a company-wide events calendar for all BSC sponsored events and activities.
- Volunteer Management: Serve as an internal champion and resource for employee volunteerism and community involvement, both supporting the company’s desire to be a great place to work. Assist in execution of companywide campaign(s) each year. Support team and business unit efforts to integrate volunteer service into their team building activities. Additionally, support the company’s commitment to provide all employees with 24 hours of community service time each year. This includes communications, answering questions from employees and their managers, and setting up the technology within Blue Shield’s system for tracking. Partner with an outside company (Benevity) to maintain an engaging and easy-to-use website for Blue Shield employees, providing robust opportunities for employees to volunteer and give to charities within our core giving areas.
- Measurement and Reporting: Measure engagement in Corporate Citizenship programs, including Dollars for Doers, Community Service Time, Board Placement Service, Day One Donations, etc. Assist in the development of reporting capabilities to support a comprehensive and accurate picture of total giving and volunteerism. Support approach(es) that enable the company to measure change delivered by its programs.
- Community Engagement and Communications: Represent Blue Shield of California with community organizations who are seeking sponsorship or volunteer service. Meet with local and statewide non-profit organizations whose mission aligns with Blue Shield’s and who can provide valuable opportunities for Blue Shield employees to serve their communities. Partner with corporate communications, internal communications and brand to articulate the value of volunteerism and giving efforts to key stakeholders. Enhance communications to accelerate the awareness and dissemination of the Corporate Citizenship story and related behaviors.
Candidate Profile And Requirements
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant cross-functional, cross disciplinary experience or an equivalent of education and experience. Corporate Citizenship / Corporate Social Responsibility experience in a corporate setting is preferred, with demonstrated experience with community volunteering and/or nonprofit management and philanthropy.
- Communicates a strong personal belief that citizenship can make a difference for the company and society. Expresses a strong interest in and knowledge of social and environmental issues.
- Has a systematic approach to mapping and understanding the company’s social and environmental impacts and the stakeholders that will be affected. Has a good understanding of the business strategy and challenges and can identify how Corporate Citizenship issues can impact specific business networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational and project skills.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and take ownership of projects.
- Demonstrates a consistently positive attitude and commitment to their work.
- Demonstrates ability to build rapport with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders by genuinely listening to and understanding their perspectives.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with department leaders and other business units.
- Is driven to deliver results while balancing conceptual vision with tangible accomplishments. Is able to deliver under tight deadlines and is energized by the opportunity to solve problems.
- Can be counted on a strong role model – sets an ethical standard across the business.
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California’s Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care at an affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by working closely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
United States of America-California-San Francisco