R&D Strategy & Planning Summer Intern Development Program
Interested in a challenging and varied career making a difference at a fast-paced, innovative company? Then Bristol- Myers Squibb is the place for you! The R&D Strategy and Planning program melds business and financial acumen with a dedication to innovative science to help BMS invest in its portfolio of transformational medicines. We are looking for candidates with diverse backgrounds and skills but a driving passion: delivering medicines to the patients who need them most.
We are a team dedicated to discovering, developing and delivering innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Our commitment to fostering a globally diverse and inclusive workforce with a high-performing culture that is agile, entrepreneurial and accountable enables our business strategy while encouraging excellence, growth, achievement, innovation and a balance between our personal and professional lives.
Position: Strategy & Planning Summer Intern Development Program – Class of 2019
Division: Research & Development (R&D) Possible Business Teams Include:
•R&D Strategy & Operations
•Business Insights and Analytics
•Global Clinical Operations
•Portfolio & Asset Strategy
•Biopharma Project Management
The Strategy & Planning Development Program is highly selective and geared towards students interested in gaining valuable experience in a variety of functional areas including: internal strategy consulting, business process optimization, financial forecasting and valuation, decision modeling, competitive intelligence, organization development, and change management. Prior to the summer, interns will be provided a list of available project opportunities, and interns will be asked to rank their preferred summer project. Project matching will occur based on interest and alignment with skills and experiences.
All interns will have one 10-week placement within a Business Team mentioned above. The program is organized to ensure interns gain valuable industry and functional experience, work on challenging assignments, learn about BMS and meet company representatives. The program will feature:
• An orientation session, including an overview of company structure, products and brands
• Exposure to senior management and business leaders
• A formal mentor program
• Senior Executive Speaker Series
• Formal review and feedback sessions
• Teambuilding and networking events
Summer interns will gain a competitive advantage when pursuing full time positions at BMS, as the experience allows business leaders to evaluate candidates and provides opportunities for networking. The summer internship program is the sole pipeline for the full-time Strategy & Planning Rotational Program as well. This rotational program consists of four 6-month rotations, where you will have exposure to a variety of roles and business teams across the R&D organization. It is a great opportunity to enhance your knowledge of drug development strategy, while developing skill-sets in a variety of analytical and strategic functions.
Requirements: Eligible candidates will have:
• A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree during the current school year (graduating Class of 2019), scheduled to graduate in winter or spring.
• Excellent strategic, analytical, conceptual, creative and communication abilities.
• Functional exposure or experience in business consulting, general management and/or financial analysis.
• Work experience in a results-driven, competitive environment requiring adaptability.
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence others and work effectively in a matrix organization.
• Commitment to integrity, professionalism and teamwork. Leadership potential is highly valued.
Location: Central N.J.