Written by Ciara Linnane
Teladoc Health Inc. tdoc and Livongo Health Inc. lvgo said Wednesday they have agreed to merge in a deal valued at $18.5 billion to create a company that can serve a spectrum of health needs, using virtual care. Under the terms of the deal, Livongo shareholders will receive 0.592x shares of Teladoc plus $11.33 in cash per share owned. Teladoc shareholders will own abut 58% of the combined entity, while Livongo shareholders will own the remaining 42%. The combination “creates a global leader in consumer centered virtual care,” the companies said in a joint statement. The new entity is expected to have pro forma revenue of about $1.3 billion for 2020, equal to pro forma growth of 85%. “Livongo is a world-class innovator we deeply admire and has demonstrated success improving the lives of people living with chronic conditions,” Teladoc Chief Executive Jason Gorevic said in a statement. Together, we will further transform the healthcare experience from preventive care to the most complex cases, bringing ‘whole person’ health to consumers and greater value to our clients and shareholders as a result.” The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter. The combined company is expected to generate revenue synergies of $100 million by the end of the second year after the deal closes and to achieve $500 million on a run rate basis by 2025. Gorevic will be CEO of the combined company, and the board will comprise eight members of the Teladoc board and five members of the Livongo board. Teladoc shares fell 2.3% premarket, while Livongo was up 6.9%.
Read the article here.