Interview with Conchur Gill from Be | Shaping the Future – Consultancy.uk

Written by Consultancy.uk

Last month, Conchur Gill joined Be | Shaping the Future as an Associate Partner in the UK. Consultancy.uk sat down with the experienced payments expert to understand why he joined the financial services consulting firm and what opportunities he sees in the market.

What attracted you to Be?

I wanted to join a growing consultancy firm that has payments technology at its core, to which I could add my strategy consulting experience as an additional element of the go-to-market approach. I wanted to be able to develop and offer my clients a ‘one-stop-shop’ payments strategy and implementation offering. I was looking for a consultancy firm with gravitas and reach across the continent to work on challenging large-scale projects.

Be | Shaping the Future ticked every box. It has a great track record in management and digital solutions consulting with a significant footprint in the payments industry across Europe. Be as a Group has experienced significant growth in the last 10 years and once I saw that Chris Cardwell and Tony Bernstein had come on board in the UK, I knew it was the right move.

How is Be dealing with the impact of Covid-19?

The culture at Be has informed the firm’s response to the crisis. We are doing everything we can to help our clients adapt to the new environment and ensuring that we can provide support as much as possible. There has been increased access to resources and ideas from our headquarters in Italy and across our markets to serve our clients. We have 1,600 colleagues across Europe, so there is a large pool from which to draw.

Be operates a ‘servant-leadership’ approach. Team members take precedence and leaders are pleased to provide them with the support they need to do their jobs and fulfil their potential. This approach has manifested in a strong sense of togetherness throughout this difficult period and new remote working environment.

The leadership and wider team engage through weekly Microsoft Team huddles, regular ‘Be Connected’ one-on-one coffee break sessions, virtual meetups of the wellness society, and lots of training sessions to mention a few ways in which we continue to embody our team spirit.

Click here for the full article.

By sophiata@bu.edu
sophiata@bu.edu Profile Picture