Why working at a boutique consultancy can be exciting – Consultancy.uk

Having previously worked as a management consultant with a focus on transformation & change, Richard Longstreet has decided to apply his industry experience to the recruitment field for his latest venture. Consultancy.uk sat with the head of strategy, transformation and change recruitment at 3Search to discuss the latest developments in the management consulting recruitment scene.

In the professional services world, it is rarely the case that a professional will stay put for long. Just as a consultant has settled into a role with one firm, they will feel a calling to a new challenge or chapter in their career, and uproot to begin the process once again. Richard Longstreet is no exception to this endless cycle.

Having graduated from the University of Durham, Longstreet started his career as an Associate Consultant with staffing and recruitment specialist Michael Page. It was less than a year after he arrived at the multinational executive search and recruitment firm that he was on the move again, however.

“I enjoyed the pace of it, but wasn’t sure it offered the variety I was looking for in a career,” Longstreet reflects. “I went into consulting to get a stronger understanding of how businesses are run, and although I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, I wasn’t sure that consulting was where I wanted to develop my career.”

Click here to read more.

By Geena Munroe
Geena Munroe Profile Picture