This is a resource provided by Learn Educate Discover
Explore A Career In Development Finance with Mariyam Zhumadil, Associate Investment Officer @IFC
Mariyam Zhumadil, Associate Investment Officer at International Finance Corporation or the IFC, describes in detail what it is like to work in the field of Development Finance. Mariyam has a Masters in Accounting from Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, and MBA from Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. Check out the podcast here to listen to the full discussion.
Some of the areas that Mariyam touches upon in this episode include:
- What is Development Finance
- Difference between Impact Investing and Development Finance
- Example of projects that you might work on in Development Finance
- Sample backgrounds for candidates who end up in this space
- Interesting and Challenging aspects of the job
- Recruiting tips
Afurther resource recommended by Mariyam to learn more about this space is this paper on “Impact Investing In Development Finance”, published in Sept 2014.